Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 74
Total: 74

Forum > General stuff

Petg

(1/3) > >>

webby2:
It has been a while but I am starting back up on some of my stuff,, well I am now only using my latest printer, I gave the other one away to a relative and have switched over to petg.

Problems, problems and more problems,,,, not so much with the petg but with the printer and getting it setup nicely and THEN,, one of the retainers for the bowden tube failed.

These are just small things but when you are trying to get motivated and making things it sure is a damper on the old motivation.

webby2:
It took a little bit but I think I have the printer setup close enough :)

This one is slower using petg than the other one was,, but it does seem to be doing its thing for me.

Now to print some parts and assemble a testbed!

webby2:
I am running the printer with the bed set to 70C and the hot end set to 247C,, I increased my print rates a little and things are working fairly well so far with tolerances within +- 0.5%

webby2:
Some days,,

An interesting thing keeps happening to my bowden tube,, I am guessing it is due to running at 247C,, but at the hot end it is slowly melting (getting soft anyway) and allowing the tube to pull up and out of the retainer leaving a groove in the tube.

I had to clean off a glob of plastic from the nozzle and I guess I hit the very tip with something while doing that.  I did not notice it at first but the feed kept "popping" due to too much pressure,, well in the middle of a print things were looking fairly bad so I stopped the print and pulled out the tube and then ran a drill bit down to make sure the hole size was 0.4mm,, it was not.

It is back to printing as it was.

webby2:
I tried to speed things up too far,, bummer.

So I can run at 45mm\s prolonged print without running out of extrudite,, petg,, well it stops coming out nicely so it looks like I am underextruding but the problem is that even tho the hot end is showing 247C it is not keeping up so the flow goes down and the pressure on the filament goes up.

Slowing it down means that it takes longer to print,, what is a little more time :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page