Total Topics: 50
Most Online Today: 31
Most Online Ever: 309
(March 14, 2020, 03:55:59 pm)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 22
Total: 22

Author Topic: New Printer  (Read 3226 times)

webby2

• View Profile
New Printer
« on: October 20, 2020, 11:18:46 am »
I started to run into problems with my other printer and got rather frustrated with it so I ordered one of these
https://www.amazon.com/Anet-Printer-Leveling-Offline-300x300x400mm/dp/B087NH671G
it was at a lower price for "Prime Day"
This is a short video on how to put it together
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNqKalPzTSg
and this version of how to level it is better to use
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7qp2BZGiZQ leveling

I am also back to using PLA instead,, certain aspects of it are way easier.

I had a major issue with the new printer to start with and tried a lot of things to deal with it and was about to pack it up and send it back as defective when I thought I would try one more thing,,,,,

I use an extender cable so the micro slot and card are moved to where they are easy to get to, well I have been using a 32G SDHC class 10 card but apparently these cards are not good for the Anet printer, the printer reads the card and prints from the card but then there is a bunch of erratic moves to full extent of any of the drive motors.
I thought this was a defective mainboard for the printer but then I thought what if it is something else,, could it be that the cards are defective??? so I printed the sample prints that came on the micro SDHC card with the card slid into the printer slot directly,, well what do you know,, the print was just fine,,,,  I then found an old 1G flash card from my old camera, it is an SDHC class 10 card, used my micro SDHC to SDHC extender cable with the card and the prints have been just fine.

Makes me wonder if the issue I was having with my other printer is also card related.

webby2

• View Profile
Re: New Printer
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 06:49:26 pm »
posted to early,,,

I was printing off my 3rd part for my testbed and it went crazy with the extruder.

I ordered some new memory cards and am going to try that as well as using another computer to slice the parts,, if all that fails then I will have to return the printer as defective.

webby2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2020, 06:51:59 pm »
I am back on my Tronxy 3d, made an adjustable Z-stop holder and got a glass build surface for it,,, I have not printed on glass for a while, I forgot how easy the prints can come off when you have the first layer correct.  All was not good however,, one of the pins in the micro SD slot decided to not want to play anymore,, I used a small piece of plastic ruler to act as a wedge for now.

webby2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2020, 01:43:05 am »
Not happy,,  My printer has an interesting failure, it is stuck stair-casing on the Y axis.  It starts out fine but as the print goes up in the Z at some point the Y starts climbing towards home.
I ordered another main board, I figure it might be a bad driver on the main board as well as the micro sd slot issue.

webby2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2020, 06:57:19 pm »
Funny thing with my Tronxy printer.

I slice the file to print fast, then I have to set the speed within the printer to 75%,, I can slice it slow and I still need to set the speed within the printer to 75%,, if I don't then I get the staircase print job.

I think it is actually the infill speed maybe causing the issue or it is a bad mainboard, well I have one of those on order since the mini SD slot is bad and the time and patience to fix it is more than the cost to replace it,, I will replace it :)

webby2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2021, 07:32:50 pm »
I got a new main board for the Tronxy and my issue went away.  It is an upgrade "mute" board, man this thing prints so quiet it is scary, I need to look at the printer to see if it is still running.

I sent one printer back and then ordered a Sunlu printer since it was 200 bucks delivered.  I had a few issues with it but after making some adjustments and adding a reset button it is up and running and doing a pretty good job.

The glass print surface that came with it was so warped that I could only print on about 1/3 of it so I ordered a Creality replacement and it works just fine.

I actually ended up squaring the printer up and adjusting all of the wheels and belts, the X frame was so far out it was funny and the Y carriage was so loose it was a wonder it printed at all, but fixing those things up is all it took.

I might upgrade the PSU, hot end and extruder and maybe add some Z supports, but it is working just fine as it is now.