Total Topics: 50
Most Online Today: 31
Most Online Ever: 309
(March 14, 2020, 03:55:59 pm)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 17
Total: 17

Author Topic: Spiral testbed  (Read 5711 times)

webby2

• View Profile
Spiral testbed
« on: June 13, 2017, 02:11:15 pm »
So far the results from the spiral generator are going slow but in a good direction.

I have had test results that indicate that the counter force is due to the amps moving through the coils and that I can control things as needed to meet my concept.

I am changing things as I go along to try and keep the build simple and make the best choices of compromise so that even this very testbed demonstrates my concept,, even if this exact one has to many frictional losses and such to self run.

After I have finished with this setup I will move on to my next version which should work much better and have much fewer losses but may be more "complicated" to build and setup.

webby2

• View Profile
Re: Spiral testbed
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 10:33:05 pm »
I have 2 points of interaction that I need to happen as expected, I have reliably demonstrated one of those points but the second one is returning varying results.

This is after a tear-down and reassembly of the testbed,

Further testing is needed.

webby2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 09:36:41 am »
I blew up the rotor last week,,

I sort of patched it back together and am still running tests with it.

So far the tests are looking alright, nothing really unexpected with what I am looking for from the testbed.

I am however, also looking into a different way of controlling the output and how I use the input and output.

webby2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 07:08:15 am »
I have still been playing ,, and lately I have been trying to turn this into a motor,, one that maybe would have unlimited RPM,,, well within physical limits.

webby2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 12:59:27 pm »
This pic is of some "calculated" numbers and this is one of the reasons I thought of using this as a motor.

With the system setup as a net zero I should be able to take the low side out, add in energy and feed it over to the high side,, turning the high side into a drive coil.

Since the low side to high side are at a fixed relationship and are setup so that the low side energy equals the high side energy I can transform the low side into what is needed for the high side and then while doing that I add in extra energy,, that add would not care about the actual voltages involved but would create an imbalance between the 2 sides with the drive side being stronger.

webby2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2017, 06:47:17 am »
This pic also shows the error in my assumptions,, that is I used the wrong conditions of counter torque for the output conditions of the generator.  When I use the correct conditions, as the numbers in the pic show, then the generator is a net zero gain.