Total Topics: 50
Most Online Today: 31
Most Online Ever: 309
(March 14, 2020, 03:55:59 pm)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 18
Total: 18

Author Topic: Something different  (Read 17555 times)

webby2

• View Profile
Re: Something different
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2019, 07:42:28 am »
Sometimes you cant control the action, but you just might be able to control the effect :)

webby2

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2019, 08:05:22 am »
What I might also say is that sometimes it is the path you take and not the destination that counts,, you just might end up where you started from but done so much in getting there :)

webby2

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2019, 07:56:43 am »
It has taken a long time to print and clean up a bunch of parts for another testbed.
Well I had most of them printed but I needed to assemble several of the subsystems so I could get an actual measurement so I could make another part, well that is what I told myself.
After I did the crude assembling thing I just could not resist putting in a drive motor and a load motor,, just to see.

The load motor is a modified motor and in its modified state and with no load on it it worked fine, well good enough for what I needed it to do, but when installed the unit failed miserably, so that needs to be redone or swapped out with something else.

While all this was going on I smoked one of my drive motors,, the smoke was actually coming out of the motor. 
On top of those failures I also broke several of my subsystems,,, no biggie I just need to re-print them and stuff.

With all of that what I did manage to see the system do was not as large as I was hoping for, it did appear to show what I want but not to the force level I thought I would get, but then the motors I am using do not make much force,, they can get really hot however :)

webby2

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2019, 10:47:13 pm »
many testbeds later,, chasing an idea, not the concept but rather the how can "I do it"

I love it when I find an old testbed part lying around and use it to see if one approach could work and it does seem to work.

The tricky thing with forces is there is always at least 2 and the sum of all forces is zero,,kind of has to be when viewed from a relative view point within a closed system.

Think about it this way,, your arm pushes against a wall, your back and FEET push against the ground and the wall pushes against your arm and your arm is stuck in the middle.

webby2

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2019, 03:26:15 pm »
I won't say that it is a success but it seems as though I now have a self accelerating flywheel.  ( sort of,, I am powering an electric motor that provides the oomph  for acceleration)

I continued on with using some old testbed parts to throw something together in a very rough form,, using tape and stuff to sort of hold things together and then I am using an electric motor in all this and I held the contacts to the motor by hand,, not good but I don't think the wires contributed anything.

Lots of other stuff going on for me so I will take the time as I have it to actually design and print some proper parts with actual brushes :)
If when that is done the flywheel still accelerates then I think I just might have something of interest.