Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 59
Total: 59

Forum > General stuff

mechanical gain device

<< < (2/10) > >>

webby2:
I think then with what I have shown so far it is reasonable to say that "I" as the operator have put in the energy to compress the spring and spin the system up to speed.  This energy is now stored within the system.  This energy is in a constant state of exchange, it is oscillating between momentum of the arms\masses and compression of the spring and is seen by the torque required from the wheel motor.

There is a potential that some may not consider.  The red arm on the dual interconnected pic that connects the two arms together creates a closed system between those two arms, this then also means that the momentum of those arms can be conserved.
What if I were to take the relative momentum of one of those arms\masses and transfer it to the other one?
Would the other one then need to accelerate to store that momentum?
What other forces would change with that transfer change of momentum?
What is observing all of this?
How would that point of observation change?

I have provided the data for at least 3 different ways of interacting, one where I control the rate of change of the arms\masses relative to the wheel and each other, one where I control the wheel rate of rotation and one where I control both.

I have asked myself these questions and I have come up with my own answers and then used those answers to try and make the system act the way I want it to.

This concept can be used in other ways, I am sure of that, as well as I am sure there are better ways of doing it mechanically than what I came up with.

We understand all that is around us mainly by what we see, the mechanical universe if you will,, so if we can see that universe in a slightly different way we might be able to create new things and gain a higher level of understanding of what we see.

webby2:
The center to center measurements
Long arms 10
Short arms 4
Cross arms 8
pivot from axle 4

webby2:
I dropped down to one system and added a control device, which is not shown.

webby2:
Now I have added a load

webby2:
Then I increase the frames per second to get a closer look

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page