Total Topics: 50
Most Online Today: 26
Most Online Ever: 309
(March 14, 2020, 03:55:59 pm)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 19
Total: 19

Author Topic: Franken Motor  (Read 4089 times)

webby2

• View Profile
Franken Motor
« on: May 02, 2017, 07:17:07 am »
I built this one to make a slightly different style of motor.

webby2

• View Profile
Re: Franken Motor
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 10:03:38 am »
This is like a solenoid motor but with the solenoid core not moving relative to the coil, only moving relative to an external magnetic field.

The coil controls the domain structure  of the core and that interacts with the permanent magnets that are on the holders,, on each holder all of the poles facing in are the same, then the polarity changes for the next holder.

With this arrangement you can supply a lot of input and drive the rotor around just like puling in a solenoid but without the issue of stopping and then reversing the core.

OR,,, 

you can use a pulse to only control the domain alignments and then let the magnetic fields do there thing through the core,, if the core is pulsed with a feed that is high resistance and then lower resistance the coil will oscillate but maintain the same polarity of the domains of the core.  Capturing the return from the coil can be done in a few ways,, I used both coils and an ionized air mass around the commutator to bounce the high voltage back and forth and in that process recharged the caps that were running the system.

I called this method Super Cruise mode and Franken Motor would run with no extra input for up to 5 minutes off of only the charge in the caps,, the main cap would show a slight up and down in voltage but basically maintain the same voltage until some kind of hiccup happened,, the arm might hit something, an arc across the commutator or the brushes would get messed up,, then it would spin down with the voltage on the main cap slowly decreasing,, this could take another 3 minutes.